Wednesday, October 6, 2010

You better like Philly tonight...

Ok so maybe you're not a phillies fan.. Maybe you're not even a baseball fan.. But don't tell me you don't get goosebumps from Roy Halladay's performance tonight. I really only casually follow baseball but I'm usually tuned in during the post-season 'cause that's when it's slightly less boring than usual.. But tonight.. Oh it's one of those moments that makes you proud to be an American, a human, have eczema, drool a lot, cut your toenails unevenly or have male pattern baldness. It was history making, people. Never fear, though. Unlike don Larsen's 1956 post season
No hitter, this moment of excitement can be artificially re-created through the use of the Internet. So go get a beer, lean back, scratch yourself, pop up the moment
On you tube (a cursory google search will find it for you in no time)
Pretend you don't known it's coming, and......... RE-CREATE THE MOMENT! Scream a lot.. Jump around, hug your dog, whatever!! it's fun, it's exciting, and they

Do it on reality shows all the time! Yes, you too can pretend to have a zany, rocking' fun-filled life just like they do on bravo, a&e, and oxygen!! And you don't even have to have those telltale cameras and annoying producers and
wires all over your living room! Enjoy!
And don't mention it. I'm glad to help.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, that was very nice. Next time, talk about musical theater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Judi!
    I don't watch or listen to sports. I come from a house of 4 men- NOT normal!
    However- your great writing style makes me want to read about subjects I normally would not be interested in. Keep up the blog- great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still laughing that you called me out for not tweeting during that game.

    ReplyDelete