Sunday, December 26, 2010

What Dick York and I have in common.

The super awesome friend Chris Hammer pressured me to update when he posted the blog address on FB.. sneaky, isn't he?? I'm sitting in a lovely little hotel room now.. Watching myself ger snowed in and praying that they plow the parking lot early enough to get to the radio station tomorrow. There's an unusual feeling growing in my gut-one which I've never had the night before a radio broadcast--it's nervousness. While I admit I've had this pre-broadcast jittery sensation prior to my first professional radio show EVER.. or the first one in a Major Market.. But this-- it should feel like getting back on a bike! It's only two days, for Petes sake.. What's wrong with me?? 20 years in radio, 11 of them in that same studio and I'm a mess.. I'm sure the weather has something to do with it.. And being away from my family doesn't help.. But mostly I think it's BECAUSE it's two days! I wanna get the most out of 'em you know? Either way, this little "trip" to the other side of the state to be closer to New Jersey 101.5 Radio will certainly make it memorable! (for me, at least) Meanwhile.. I'll just sit here, watching the snow drifts, calculating how long it'll take me to get to the station tomorrow, thinking about how many snow-related topics there are to discuss.. And thank Goodness foe Bewitched reruns!! Cause as nervous as I may be to sling on the 'ole headphones tomorrow, It's not nearly as distressing as watching Dick Seargent take Dick York's place as Darren with no reasonable explanation! I thought that only happened in radio!

4 comments:

  1. I think that once you get behind that mic again you'll be just fine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Brady Bunch reruns?
    You were great and especially enjoyed when your dad called in. Some things never change! G-d Bless him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy can you get on Facebook? your the BEST....... I miss you on the radio! You would love Fb..... you can tear people a new ass all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was awesome to hear you on the radio - you had me cracking me up within a minute of tuning in - thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete